JVC KWV960BW 6.8" LCD/DVD/CAR PLY/AA
Gateway to your media
For those who want it all, JVC's KW-V960BW DVD receiver is a multimedia hub that entertains and assists even on the longest road trips. Wireless Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ provide familiar smartphone interfaces on the easy-to-read 6.8" touchscreen display, which can be customized to your preferences. This receiver also offers the ability to connect four cameras, which can help integrate factory and aftermarket cameras. Multi-user Bluetooth® options, high-res music capability, and deep sound-sculpting tools make for a great electronic driving companion.
Let's talk video
This receiver's big screen plays crisp, bright video content when you're parked. When you're on the road, you can entertain your passengers by sending a movie from the receiver to a rear-seat screen while its dual-zone capability still lets you listen to your tunes up front. You can use four dedicated camera inputs for backup cameras, front-dash cameras, and even side-view cameras in select vehicles.
There are also options to "mirror" your Android™ or iPhone® display directly on the touchscreen display. JVC also provides an electronic angle adjustment for the display, so you can tailor the screen's contrast for the best viewing in your vehicle's dash location — all without physically moving the display.
And then link your smartphone
Using this JVC's wireless connection, your smartphone links right up and you're ready to roll with all the voice-control wonderfulness that Android Auto and Apple CarPlay bring to driving.
And when your phone needs some juice, plug it in, and you'll still get access to all your navigation, phone calls, weather, text messages, and music through simple controls and voice commands you're familiar with — all while your battery charges. If you prefer to stay wireless and you have a compatible phone, you can also charge up with a wireless Qi charger.
Like Apple CarPlay, Android Auto provides really useful apps like Google Maps.
Bluetooth means wireless convenience
Since yours is probably not the only phone used in your vehicle, the KW-V960BW enables you to pair two Bluetooth-equipped phones and quickly switch between them for hands-free calling. And when you're streaming audio, JVC's Streaming DJ feature lets you pair five phones so everybody can pick their tunes for the ultimate road trip playlist. Load up the JVC Remote app on your phone, and passengers can control some basic functions on this receiver wirelessly. This JVC also includes LDAC, which means you can stream high-res sound via Bluetooth using select Android phones.
Looking for some music?
Into your high-res music library? This receiver will play high-res music files stored on a USB drive. And if you listen Internet radio on your iPhone or Android, you'll appreciate playing music from Pandora and Spotify on this receiver. Using Apple CarPlay or Android Auto will open up even more music apps for you, as well. If you're looking for radio stations that won't fade away, add a SiriusXM tuner to this Kenwood to enjoy satellite radio's deep programming from coast to coast.
Expand and tweak
For those who like to tone their sound, JVC included a 13-band equalizer with a built-in digital signal processor. You can also use the built-in time alignment to adjust the timing of sound to your system's speakers to make sure you're center stage for all your music. JVC's K2 technology helps improve the sound of digital music files with lower bit rates. The KW-V960BW also includes three pairs of 5-volt RCA preamp outputs that provide an ultra-clean signal when you add amplifiers to your system.
iDatalink Maestro lets you keep your factory extras
The KW-V960BW offers compatibility you won't find in many other aftermarket radios, thanks to the iDatalink Maestro Module (not included). In a wide selection of vehicles, this module lets you keep factory features that you'd otherwise lose when you install a new radio. You'll also be able to check out engine performance data and other vehicle info on the JVC's screen, even radar info from a compatible detector. Once you've identified your vehicle, you'll see the iDatalink module offered on the way to the Shopping Cart if it's compatible.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
You'll need a wired connection to your parking brake to access settings and other features on this receiver. Your parking brake must be connected and set in order to view video on its screen.
- DVD/CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- 6.8" clear resistive touchscreen display
- Wi-Fi certified
- Waze-ready with Apple CarPlay or Android Auto
- customizable display background, live wallpaper, and digital angle adjustment for better in-dash visibility
- plays high-res FLAC and WAV (up to 24-bit/192 kHz) files on USB drives
- fits double-DIN dash openings
- hands-free calling and audio streaming with dual phone connection
- JVC Streaming DJ feature allows music streaming and control from up to five paired smartphones
- built-in LDAC for high-res wireless audio streaming with select Android phones
- control the stereo using JVC's free Remote app
- compatible with wireless or wired Apple CarPlay or Android Auto
- wireless and wired mirroring for Android; wired for iPhone
- plays CDs, DVDs, and USB memory devices (see Details for full capabilities)
- 13-band equalizer with digital time alignment
- K2 technology improves the digital sound for all music sources
- subwoofer level, phase, and low-pass crossover controls
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- inputs: two rear USB inputs, rear A/V input (mini), four camera inputs
- outputs: rear A/V output, 6-channel preamp outputs (5-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
- wired connection to parking brake required to access settings and other features on this receiver (the brake must be connected and set for video display)
- built-in internal amp (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- works with iDataLink Maestro module
- retains factory features in a wide selection of vehicles
- displays engine performance and other vehicle data on touchscreen
- warranty: 2 years (1 year for Canada)