Cleerline SSF™ Duplex cable is composed of two strands of SSF™ cable in zip cord style with an overall 3.0mm Plenum rated jacket.
SSF™ Duplex is ideal for inter-building or intra-building data communication backbones. The cable’s zip cord construction allows easy separation of the fiber strands if desired.
Cleerline SSF™ Duplex Single Mode is fully compatible with all common connector systems for standard 9/125 multimode fibers. The included SSF™ fibers provide extreme durability and strength, with up to 10,000 times the bend insensitivity of traditional fiber.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Zip cord construction - easy to separate strands
- High mechanical strength, superior fatigue (nD = 30) Compatible with common connector systems for 9/125 single mode fibers
- Up to 10,000x the bend longevity of traditional fiber
- Integral SSF™ coating provides glass protection
- Increased safety due to incredible bend insensitivity
- Exclusive 250µm Soft Peel acrylate
- Inter-/Intra-building voice or data communication
- Installation in ducts or underground conduit
- Fiber-to-the-desk (FTTD) / Fiber-to-the-Home (FTTH)
- ETL listed type OFNP for installation in ducts, plenum and other spaces used as environmental air returns when installed in accordance with NEC article 770-51 (a) and 770-53(a)
Storage Temperature Range -40°C to +85°C Operating Temperature Range -20°C to +75°C Max Tensile Load (Installation) 1000 N (225 lbf) Max Tensile Load Long Term 500 N (112 lbf) Min. Bend Radius, Unloaded 1 x O.D. Cable Outside Diameter, Nominal 3.0 mm x 2 Cable Package 1000 ft Reel or customer request, spooled Rating FT4 - Riser / FT6-Plenum / CPR LSZH Crush Resistance (TIA/EIA 455-41A) 100 kgf / mm Impact Resistance (TIA/EIA 455-25B) 1500 impact cycles Flexing @ 90 degrees (TIA/EIA 455-104A) 2000 flexing cycles ENVIRONMENTAL CHARACTERISTICS Temperature Dependence, 1310 nm and 1550 nm ≤ 0.05 dB / km Induced Attenuation -60°C to + 85°C Watersoak Dependence, 1310 nm and 1550 nm ≤ 0.05 dB / km Induced Attenuation at 20°C for 30 days Damp Heat Dependence, 1310 nm and 1550 nm ≤ 0.05 dB / km Induced Attenuation at 85°C, 85% R.H., 30 days Dry Heat Dependence, 1310 nm and 1550 nm ≤ 0.05 dB / km Induced Attenuation at 85°C, 30 days OPTICAL CHARACTERISTICS Attenuation Coefficient 1310 nm ≤ 0.35 dB/km 1550 nm ≤ 0.21 dB/km Mode Field Diameter 1310 nm 8.6 ± 0.4 µm 1550 nm 9.7 ± 0.5 µm Cable Cut-off Wavelength ≤ 1260 nm Zero Dispersion Wavelength 1310 nm - 1324 nm Zero Dispersion Slope 0.092 ps / nm2 · km PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS Core / Hybrid Cladding Concentricity Error ≤0.5 µm Hybrid Cladding Diameter 125 ± 0.7 µm Hybrid Cladding NonCircularity Error ≤ 1.0% Soft Peel Jacket Identifier 250 ± 0.7 µm Coating Strip Force 100 g Fiber Curl ≥ 2 m Proof Test 100 kpsi Dynamic Fatigue 23°C, 41% R.H. > 30 nD Bend Induced Attenuation, 1550 nm 1 turn around 10 mm radius ≤ 0.3 dB 10 turns around 15 mm radius mandrel ≤ 0.03 dB Bend Induced Attenuation, 1625 nm 1 turn around 10 mm radius ≤ 1.0 dB 10 turns around 15 mm radius mandrel ≤ 0.2 dB BACKSCATTER CHARACTERISTICS Attenuation Directional Uniformity ≤ 0.03 dB/km Attenuation Uniformity ≤ 0.05 dB/km Group Index of Refraction 1310 nm 1.467 1550 nm 1.468