AUDIOSOURCE AD5012 50x12 Digital CI Amplifier
Amplify your whole-house music system
One of the most important steps of planning your multi-room music system is choosing the right amplification. AudioSource's AD5012 is a great option for large homes. It's a high-current, multi-zone amp that powers up to six pairs of speakers simultaneously. It's flexible too. Play the same source through all six zones, or have a different source play in each of your rooms.
Drive your speakers with authority
AudioSource equipped the '5012 with plenty of horsepower for your speakers. It delivers 50 watts per channel into eight ohms, and a robust 75 watts per channel into four ohms. Need even more juice to drive your heavy-duty outdoor or floor-standing speakers? Bridge two channels together and get a mighty 125 watts per channel into eight ohms.
The AD5012 offers two pairs of RCA inputs, as well as one optical digital input. These are handy for playing multiple sources in your various listening rooms at the same time. Each zone also has a dedicated pair of RCA inputs for playing a "local" source in that room only.
Want to expand your multi-room system? Use the RCA outputs to feed audio signals to an additional amp of your choice.
Multiple power-on options
The '5012 can be turned on manually, or automatically when it detects a source. It's also 12-volt trigger compatible, so you can have it turn on when another piece of equipment is fired up.
- 12-channel amplifier with 6 independent playback zones
- play the same source through all 6 zones, or have a different source play in each one
- 50 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.2% THD with all channels driven
- 75 watts per channel into 4 ohms
- 125 watts x 6 bridged into 8 ohms (at 1 kHz)
- high-efficiency switching amplifier design
- Over Temperature Protection (OTP) gently reduces power if temperature gets too high, preventing shutoff
- Over Current Protection (OCP) differentiates between a direct short and a dynamically low speaker impedance
- detachable speaker connectors
- optical digital input for connecting a TV, CD player, or network streaming device
- rear-panel bass and treble controls
- rear-mounted, independent level controls for each channel
- Bus 1 and Bus 2 RCA inputs can be assigned to any channel so that different sources are available for each zone
- each pair of bus inputs has a corresponding output that can be daisy-chained to another amplifier
- discrete pairs of "local" RCA inputs for each zone
- three power-on modes (normal, signal-sensing, trigger)
- infrared remote control included
- rack-mountable with included hardware
- two-rack spaces high (3.5" tall without feet)
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- signal-to-noise ratio: 100 dB
- 16-11/16"W x 4"H x 14-3/4"D
- weight: 34.5 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years