Dual CPU and dual OS system: A perfect NAS solution for high-performance computing and storage by using the QES or QTS operating system
Integrating an application server and storage server into one system, the next-generation TDS-16489U R2 also provides you with the option of using either QES (an enterprise-grade OS that provides efficient and reliable storage for mission-critical tasks) or QTS (a feature-rich OS for storage and diverse application servers). Whether being used as a file server, virtualization server, VDI, medium-sized data center, video streaming, surveillance storage, and efficient file backup & recovery, the flexible TDS-16489U R2 with dual CPU and dual OS options is your ideal solution.
- Install PCIe cards to increase application performance, including 40GbE/ 25GbE/ 10GbE adapters, Fibre Channel cards, and graphics cards.
- QES ensures data integrity with self-healing and uses end-to-end checksums to detect and correct silent data corruption.
- QES supports data deduplication and compression to optimize storage utilization and data access performance.
- QES supports near-limitless snapshots and SnapSync for efficient remote backup & disaster recovery solution.
- Reliable storage for virtualization. QTS supports hosting VMs and containers; QES supports block-level storage for OpenStack® environments.
- QTS supports software-defined SSD over-provisioning to improve write performance for IOPS-demanding applications.
Multiplied computing power with dual Intel® Xeon® E5 processors Built for data-intensive applications and demanding workloads, the TDS-16489U R2 is powered by dual Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v4 multi-core processors, up to 1 TB quad-channel DDR4 2133MHz RDIMM/LRDIMM RAM (Long-DIMM x16), and 12Gb/s SAS drive support to deliver outstanding performance for data transmission and applications. While providing the power to handle CPU-demanding tasks and everyday application needs such as virtualization, video surveillance, and media streaming, the TDS-16489U R2's unrivaled performance provides the ability for businesses to improve their Big Data computing to explore greater business opportunities. Convertible NAS that supports two operating systems The TDS-16489U R2 provides flexibility to choose from two operating systems, enabling businesses to deploy an operating system that fits their needs and goals in different stages. Abundant I/O capabilities with PCIe expansion The TDS-16489U R2 features four PCIe slots (3 x PCIe Gen3 x8, 1 x PCIe Gen3 x16) that allow for the usage of various expansion cards to expand application potential.
- 40GbE/25GbE/10GbE NICs Enable lightning-fast throughout for bandwidth-demanding tasks such as virtualization, massive data transmission, and fast backup/restoration. Empower the NAS with iSER support by installing Mellanox® SmartNICs.
- Fibre Channel adapters Create a Fibre Channel SAN for tackling IOPS-demanding applications and workflows that require reliable, on-time data delivery.
- QM2 cards Add M.2 SATA or NVMe SSDs for caching to optimize NAS performance.
- Graphics cards Accelerate QTS video processing and transcoding, GPGPU computing, and support GPU-passthrough to VMs.
- 12 Gb/s SAS HBA Designed for connecting the TDS-16489U R2 to REXP expansion units for up to 1 PB storage capacity.