Juniper Networks EX2300-24MP POE Class Multi GIG Software with 16X1G 8X1G/2.5G
The Juniper Networks EX2300 Ethernet Switch offers an economical, entry-level, standalone solution for accesslayer deployments in branch and remote offices, as well as enterprise campus networks. Both 1 Gbps and 2.5 Gbps access port options are available to provide higher-speed options, especially when connecting to 802.11ac Wave 2 access points.
To simplify network operations, the EX2300 can act as a satellite device to support a Juniper Networks Junos Fusion Enterprise deployment, which can combine several wiring closets into one logical management platform. For smaller networks, up to four EX2300 switches can be interconnected in a Virtual Chassis configuration, allowing them to be managed as a single switch.
The Juniper Networks® EX2300 line of Ethernet switches offers a compact, highperformance solution for supporting today's converged network access deployments.
Each EX2300 switch includes an ASIC-based Packet Forwarding Engine (PFE) with an integrated CPU to consistently deliver wire-rate forwarding, even with all control plane features enabled. Based on existing, field-proven Juniper Networks technology, the PFE brings the same level of carrier-class performance and reliability to the EX2300 switches that Juniper Networks routers bring to the world's largest service provider networks.
Select EX2300 models also support the 802.3af Class 3 Power over Ethernet (PoE) and 802.3at PoE+ standards for supporting networked devices such as telephones, video cameras, IEEE 802.11ac WLAN access points, and videophones in converged networks. The PoE-enabled EX2300 switches include a maximum system budget of 740 watts to deliver up to 30 watts to select ports.
Multiple EX2300 models are available, including versions offering multigigabit (up to 2.5 Gbps) PoE+ access ports that can accommodate higher-speed IEEE 802.11ac Wave 2 access points, enabling the switches to support more wireless users.
The EX2300 fixed-configuration Ethernet switches provide exceptional value to enterprise customers by supporting the following key technologies:
- Juniper Networks Junos® Fusion Enterprise allows up to 128 EX2300 switches to be configured as satellite devices that connect to EX9200 core aggregation devices.
- Virtual Chassis technology enables up to four interconnected EX2300 switches to form a single logical device.
- Flexible 4x1GbE SFP/10GbE SFP+ uplinks provide high-speed connectivity to aggregation layer switches or other upstream devices.
- Up to 48 10/100/1000BASE-T ports are available with or without PoE/PoE+.
- Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) support is provided on 1GbE ports.
- Complete Layer 2 and basic Layer 3 switching capabilities are available.
- Simplified management uses Juniper Networks Junos Space Network Director and J-Web GUI.
Additional features include:
- PoE-enabled EX2300 switches can simultaneously deliver up to 15.4 watts of standards-based 802.3af Class 3 PoE to a maximum of 48 ports or 30 watts of standards-based 802.3at PoE+ to a maximum of 24 ports, based on a total system budget of 740 watts.
- Uplink ports can be configured as Virtual Chassis interfaces and connected via standard 10GbE optics interfaces (optional license required).
- Fixed power supply and uplink ports ensure operational simplicity.
- Low power consumption, low acoustic fans, and a small 10-inch deep footprint enable flexible, environmentally friendly deployment.
- Support for L2 protocols as well as L3 protocols like RIP and static routing are included in the base license.