Electro-Voice F.01U.265.575 ZX1I90 8in 2-Way Indoor/Outdoor Install Loudspeaker System
The Electro-Voice® ZX1i is the new standard of no compromise audio performance and versatility in an easy to install, compact sound reinforcement package.
The high-tech enclosure uses injection-molded high-impact polypropylene to make the ZX1i extremely durable. The enclosure geometry has been engineered to provide maximum rigidity and acoustic performance. The velocity compensated port design overcomes the limitation of many small cabinet loudspeakers and enables exceptional low-frequency response without vent noise.
ZX1i installation is incredibly simple with the included QuickSAM mounting system. The QuickSAM is a unique, integrated mounting bracket which is virtually foolproof. It allows the installer to simply snap the speaker onto the bracket, then tighten it to the desired position. For array mounting, there is an optional array bracket kit available which allows multiple units to be mounted together for a variety of configurations.
Zx1i uses a special circuit that when in transformer mode the network re-configures itself to a current actuated Hi-Pass filter at the transformer primary. It gently rolls off the lowest frequencies to maintain a safe load on the amplifier without affecting the higher (vocal) frequencies and the program continues without interruption. Low frequency current is limited through the transformer eliminating low frequency saturation. Automatic Saturation Compensation allows many speakers to be run on a distributed line with a 50Hz Hi-Pass filter before the amplifier, regardless of the number of speakers on the same line (the number of tapped watts cannot exceed the amplifier rating). With the same 50Hz Hi-Pass, 10 speakers on transformers will have the same full sound as a single speaker at 8 ohms.
Two coverage patterns are available; 90° x 50° coverage for longer throw and cluster applications, 100° x 100° coverage for broad even dispersion needed in many distributed audio applications. An added benefit is horn rotation, allowing the ZX1i to be oriented either horizontally or vertically for complete coverage flexibility.
The ZX1i molded polymer enclosure is inherently water resistant. The addition of a multilayer grille with hydrophobic cloth and weatherized components enable the ZX1i to perform under many environmental conditions. An optional weatherized input panel cover with a gland nut is available for additional protection.
The ZX1i’s long excursion, high output 8" woofer with a weatherized treated cone delivers smooth low-frequency performance with exceptional reliability. A sophisticated crossover network integrates it with the DH2005, a 1.25” voice coil true compression driver for maximum output with extended frequency response. Fullbandwidth overload protection is provided for reliable, long term operation without audible effect.
- Integrated QuickSAM Heavy-Duty Strong-Arm Mounting Bracket Included
- Indoor/Outdoor Design - Meets IEC 529, IP44 & MIL810 Environmental Specs
- ASC TM Automatic Saturation Compensation
- EV8L 8” Weatherized Cone High-Output LF Transducer
- DH2005 1” Exit True Compression Driver
- 90° x 50° or 100° x 100° Coverage Patterns
- Rotatable Horn Design
- 200W Continuous, 800W Peak Power Handling
- High Sensitivity, 123 dB Maximum SPL
- Freq. Response 1 (-3 dB): 60 Hz - 20 kHz
- Freq. Range 1 (-10 dB): 48 Hz - 20 kHz
- Rec. Hipass Frequency: 40 Hz
- Axial Sensitivity 1 (90°): 94 dB (1W/1m)
- Axial Sensitivity 1 (100°): 92 dB (1W/1m)
- Max Calculated SPL (90°): 123 dB
- Max Calculated SPL (100°): 121 dB
- Horizontal Coverage: 90° or 100°
- Vertical Coverage: 50° or 100°
- Enclosure Rotation: +/-35°
- Enclosure Sweep: +/-45°
- Rated System Power: 200W Cont. 2, 400W Prog., 800W Peak
- LF Transducer: EV8L, 8 in (203mm) Driver
- HF Transducer: DH2005, 1 in. (25.4mm) Exit Compression Driver
- Crossover Frequency: 1.7 kHz
- Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms
- Minimum Impedance: 6 Ohms
- "T" Version Wattage Taps: 70V - 6, 12.5, 25, 50, 100, 8 Ohm bypass 100V - 12.5, 25, 50, 100, 8 Ohm bypass
- Connectors: 4-Pin Phoenix Connector
- Enclosure Material: High Impact Polymer
- Suspension: Integrated QuickSAM Heavy-Duty Strong-Arm Mounting Bracket
- Grille: Polyester Powder Coated, 18GA Galvanized Steel
- Dim (H x W x D): 451mm x 282mm x 263mm (17.75" x 11.12" x 10.35")
- Net Weight: 8.4 kg (18.5 lbs) without Transformer 10.4 kg (23.0 lbs) with Transformer
- Shipping Weight: 10.2 kg (22.5 lbs) without Transformer
- Shipping Weight: 12.3 kg (27.0 lbs) with Transformer