Bose Professional 801332-0210 DesignMax 8"Surface Mount Speaker DM8S (White)
Delivering SPL suitable for foreground music, the Bose DesignMax DM8S 125W loudspeaker features a two-way, 8" coaxially mounted woofer and a center-firing 1" compression driver, delivering a 60 Hz - 20 kHz frequency range. The DM8S is surface-mounted and locks onto a hidden QuickHold U-bracket for fast, secure installation.
A complete loudspeaker assortment to fulfill any design
DesignMax loudspeakers have the flexibility and style to deliver outstanding audio and aesthetics for any commercial space. With ten loudspeakers and two subwoofers to choose from — including ceiling-mounted, surface-mounted, and outdoor-rated options — it’s easy to create tailored DesignMax solutions.
Hear the difference
DesignMax loudspeakers deliver instantly impressive sound, no EQ or DSP required. The Dispersion Alignment system on select models ensures a consistent listening experience throughout the room, matching the coverage pattern of the woofer to the wider performance of the tweeter. And enabling SmartBass processing and loudspeaker EQs via select Bose DSPs and amps delivers even better sound at any listening level.
See the difference
Surface-mounted DesignMax loudspeakers feature hidden U-brackets. This unique design holds the loudspeaker closer to the wall, providing a much cleaner appearance. Sleek, minimum-bezel grilles, removable logos, and attractive styling allow you to blend DesignMax loudspeakers with any décor. Every DesignMax loudspeaker is available with a black or white grille, which is also paintable.
Feel the difference
For installers, patented QuickHold mounting mechanisms on each DesignMax loudspeaker make the job easier, reducing strain and hassle — and saving substantial time. Instead of balancing the loudspeaker in one hand and a tool in the other, you’ll now have both hands free.
For surface mounted models, just push the loudspeaker onto the QuickHold U-bracket and it snaps on securely. Then adjust the pitch as desired, lock the QuickHold levers to lock the loudspeaker in place, and you’re done.
From concept and design to installation and operation, Bose Professional DesignMax loudspeakers have the features, style, and flexibility to make every phase of a project more successful — leaving end users more than satisfied with everything they hear... and see.
|Frequency Range (-10 dB)||60 – 20,000 Hz|
|Nominal Coverage Angle (H x V)||115° x 115°|
|Power Handling, Long-term Continuous||Bose extended-lifecycle test: 125W
AES component test: 150W
|Calculated Maximum SPL @ 1 m||Bose extended-lifecycle test: 117 dB
AES component test: 118 dB
|Transformer Taps||70V: 2.5, 5, 10, 20, 40, 80 W, bypass
100V: 5, 10, 20, 40, 80 W, bypass
|Nominal Impedance||8 ohms (transformer bypass)|
|Dimensions (H x W x D)||15.6" (395 mm) x 9.8" (249 mm) x 10" (253 mm)|
|Dimensions with Bracket (H x W x D)||15.6" (395 mm) x 9.8" (249 mm) x 10.7" (270 mm)|
|Net Weight||22.8 lbs (10.3 kg)|
- Combine models to complete any design, big or small — 12 loudspeakers to mix and match, from 2-inch, low-profile models to 8-inch, high-SPL compression-driver loudspeakers and outdoor-rated options
- Deliver instantly impressive sound with custom Bose drivers — no DSP or EQ required. For even better sound, use select Bose DSPs and amplifiers to enable Bose loudspeaker EQ and SmartBass processing, which expands performance and response at any listening level
- Blend into any room design with elegant form factors, minimum-bezel grilles available in black or white, and removable logos
- Reduce installation time with the patented QuickHold mounting system, which also reduces strain, hassle, and the chance of product damage
- Install easily — includes Euroblock connectors; makes installation and troubleshooting easier
- Deliver high SPL for clear foreground music