Barracuda Backup Server 190 - BBS190A
- 500 GB Recommended Environment
- 1 TB Usable Storage Capacity
- 1 x 1 TB Disk Arrangement
Barracuda Backup is a unified, cost-effective data protection solution for your physical, virtual, and SaaS environments. It’s a complete backup solution with remote storage that is easy to buy, install, and manage.
Barracuda Backup makes it easier and more cost-effective than ever for you to protect all your data from cybercriminals, natural disasters, hardware failures, and more. Physical, virtual, cloud, and SaaS — a single, integrated solution keeps all your data safe.
The Barracuda Advantage
- Simple pricing with no per-application or per-server licensing fees.
- Backup software, local storage, and remote storage that can be rapidly deployed in under an hour.
- Cloud-based central management for seamless multisite administration.
- Rapid local or remote recovery, preventing data loss and minimizing down time.
- Available as a virtual appliance that can be deployed without requiring additional hardware.
- Built-in cloud and site-to-site replication prevent data loss in case of disaster.
- LiveBoot and Cloud LiveBoot enable rapid recovery of VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V virtual machines in minutes.
- Cloud-to-Cloud Backup protects Microsoft Office 365 environments from data loss.
- Offsite vaulting of historical revisions frees up valuable space on local storage.
- Compression and deduplication for up to 50X reduction in storage and bandwidth requirements.
Physical and Virtual
Most businesses today have a mixed environment of physical and virtual servers. Barracuda Backup is a single solution to protect physical servers and virtual machines (VMware & Hyper-V) with snapshot and granular file recovery—all with unified management for replication and retention.
All-in-One Backup Solution
Barracuda Backup is a complete solution that comes from one vendor. It combines software, in-line deduplication, and offsite cloud or private replication without perserver or per-application licensing fees.
Barracuda Backup is available as both an allin-one physical appliance or virtual appliance. Barracuda Cloud Storage, Cloud Control and Cloud LiveBoot recovery allow simple remote replication, seamless multisite administration, and rapid access to virtual machines during site disasters. Site-to-site replication, Local Control management, and Local LiveBoot recovery allow complete protection for those operating in private environments or deploying private cloud technologies.
While Software-as-a-Service and cloudhosted environments, such as Microsoft Office 365, are a fantastic way to mitigate natural and mechanical failures, humancaused data loss is still ever present.
Barracuda Cloud-to-Cloud Backup for Microsoft Office 365 environments protects Exchange Online, OneDrive for Business, and SharePoint Online from accidental deletion and data loss.
- Inline DeduplicationBarracuda inline deduplication, an inherent capability of all Barracuda Backup products, lets organizations significantly reduce storage needs, bandwidth requirements, and backup costs. By deduplicating data as it is received, Barracuda Backup minimizes the time for completion of the full backup and replication process. Barracuda’s advanced variable block deduplication analyzes the data type and chunk size, setting a block size to obtain the greatest level of deduplication. For organizations protecting multiple sites, Barracuda’s global deduplication and cloud storage technology help distributed networks stay protected while reducing the backup storage footprint.ReplicationBarracuda replication technology allows organizations to securely send data to the Barracuda Cloud or another backup appliance. With Barracuda’s replication technologies, organizations can be assured their data is stored with 256-bit AES encryption. Barracuda offers various data centers worldwide to replicate data.Offsite VaultingOrganizations with conservative retention policies can use Offsite Vaulting to minimize the cost of backup storage. With Offsite Vaulting, organizations can move local copies of their monthly and yearly backups off their local appliance to the Barracuda Cloud or another Barracuda appliance.Cloud-to-Cloud BackupOrganizations are migrating to SaaS and Cloud-hosted environments like Office 365. While SaaS and Cloud-hosted environments are fantastic ways to mitigate against natural and mechanical failures, human-caused data loss is always present. Cloud-to-Cloud Backup for Microsoft Office 365 protects Exchange Online mailboxes and OneDrive for Business files and folders from data loss.Unlimited Barracuda Cloud StorageUnlimited Barracuda Cloud Storage provides storage to replicate Barracuda Backup to the cloud. Unlimited Barracuda Cloud Storage subscriptions allow replication of data on Barracuda Backup, up to the capacity of your Backup product, to our geographically distributed enterprise-grade datacenters to store your data safely. The included offsite vaulting allows extended retention by moving multiple revisions off Barracuda Backup and into Barracuda Cloud.Near Continuous Data ProtectionThe Barracuda Backup Agent can back up mission-critical servers every 15 minutes. These agents only look for new or changed files, minimizing the backup window required.
- Data RecoveryBarracuda offers a wide range of restore options. Organizations with physical servers are able to perform bare metal restores in case of catastrophic failure. Virtual environments benefit from fast image-based restores. In case of disaster, customers with Instant Replacement can have Barracuda ship an appliance prepopulated with the data in the cloud for fast local restores.LiveBootBarracuda LiveBoot offers organizations protecting their VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V environments with Barracuda Backup the option to leverage Barracuda Cloud Storage if their own virtual environment goes down. Customers can have their local Barracuda Backup act as storage, booting the protected virtual machine from a deduplicated state within minutes. Customers that subscribe to Instant Replacement who replicate to Barracuda Cloud Storage can use Cloud LiveBoot to boot multiple VMs directly from deduplicated storage and assign private or public addresses to the devices.Instant ReplacementIn the event of disaster, Barracuda will, upon request, pre-load the most recent data and configuration settings stored in Barracuda Cloud Storage onto the replacement unit. The replacement will be shipped the next business day after the pre-load is completed. Organizations can also leverage Cloud LiveBoot for offsite disaster recovery. As an added benefit, subscribers receive a free hardware refresh to the latest model every four years.
- Local ManagementLocal Control allows complete protection for those operating in private environments or deploying private cloud technologies.Centralized ManagementBarracuda's robust central management allows organizations to manage multiple sites from a clean and simple-to-use interface. Administrators can define roles in their organization for access to each location.Flexible DeploymentsBarracuda Backup is available as both an all-in-one physical appliance or as software that can be deployed in virtual environments to leverage existing compute and storage infrastructures.
Product Name Barracuda Backup Server 100 Manufacturer Part Number BBS190A Product Line Backup Product Model 190 Product Type SAN/NAS Storage System Interfaces/Ports Network (RJ-45) Yes Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports 1 VGA Yes Network & Communication Ethernet Technology Gigabit Ethernet Storage Total Hard Drive Capacity Installed 500 GB Physical Characteristics Height 2" Width 10" Depth 8.3" Form Factor Desktop Warranty Limited Warranty 1 Year Other Information Product Family Backup Hard Drive Configuration 1 x 500 GB Input Voltage 110 V AC
220 V AC
Additional Information Encryption Algorithm: 256-bit AES