Klipsch CDT-5800-C II Aimable 8" In-Ceiling Speaker
With integrated whole-house audio systems becoming more popular than ever, Klipsch designed the CDT-5800-C II to meet the market’s demand for a high-performance in-ceiling loudspeaker that easily challenges the inherent limitations of fixed locations.
- Horn-loaded technology increases acoustic output while significantly reducing distortion
- Controlled Dispersion Technology directs high and midbass frequencies to the main listening area
- Treble and midbass attenuation switches
- Elegant new, low-profile SlimTrim magnetic grille
Thanks to a patent-pending gimbal mechanism known as Controlled Dispersion Technology (CDT) both the high and low frequencies of the CDT-5800-C II can be directed towards the listening area. With the 100 degree, Titanium compression driver (tweeter) symmetrical Tractrix Horn, directing sound is more accurate than a typical dome tweeter which disperses a wider breadth of sound, leading to more reflected sounds that blur sonic details. The refined, 8-inch Cerametallic woofer also has great positioning capabilities. It can rotate a full 360 degrees and then shift 15 degrees in any direction. This flexibility combined with the swiveling tweeter puts you in complete control of where the sound will go.
The addition of a Linear Travel Suspension to the tweeter increases high frequency detail and smoothness. Other professional grade features such as a premium network and treble and bass contour switches help the CDT-5800-C II establish a new benchmark in architectural audio excellence.
Available in a paintable white finish, the CDT-5800-C II can be paired with the Klipsch IK-800-C installation kit (sold separately). With a mud ring breakaway wire tie and color-coded brackets, it also includes perforated metal wings that easily fasten to the studs via screws staples or nails. It can also be paired with the ME-800-C fire rated speaker enclosure (sold separately) to meet local building codes and/or reduce sound transfer to adjoining rooms.
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 49Hz-23KHz ± 3dB
- SENSITIVITY: 95dB @ 2.83V / 1m
- POWER HANDLING: 50W RMS / 200W Peak
- NOMINAL IMPEDANCE: 8 ohms compatible
- RECOMMENDED AMPLIFIER POWER: 100 W
- LOW FREQUENCY DRIVER: 8″ (20.32cm) pivoting Cerametallic cone woofer
- CROSSOVER FREQUENCY: 2230Hz
- ENCLOSURE MATERIAL/TYPE: ABS/Infinite baffle, front flush with wall
- WEIGHT: 7.4 lbs. (3.36kg)
- CUTOUT DIMENSIONS: 9.8″ (24.89cm)
- MOUNTING DEPTH: 5.4″ (13.72cm)
- DIAMETER: 11″ (27.94cm)
- FINISH: White paintable frame and grill
- FIRE RATED ENCLOSURE: ME-800-C (sold separately)
- INSTALLATION KIT: IK-800-C (sold separately)
- WIRE GAUAGE ACCOMMODATED: 12 ga