8” 2-Way, In-Ceiling, Coaxial, Infinite Baffle Loudspeaker
The easy to install FIT801FL is a full-range ceiling loudspeaker with Focused Image Technology™. It incorporates an Injection Molded Carbon Fiber woofer with a butyl rubber surround and the diffraction-less aluminum dome pivoting Ferrofluid cooled tweeter.
The FastLoc™ grill patent no. 8,422,722, is a feature found only at Current Audio. Our design has allowed for the smallest exposed plastic bezel in the industry, truly making it disappear into the mounting surface. The FastLoc™ grill’s unique patent pending mechanism allows for a quick installation and removal of the grill while securely fastening it in place to all types of mounting surfaces. Due to the unique design the grill will conform to uneven surfaces including popcorn, heavy textured and uneven ceilings. While our competitors have chosen to utilize magnets in their
designs thus requiring the use of a steel grill that will rust our design allows us to use corrosion and rust resistant aluminum.
The FIT series speakers additionally incorporate the unique Patent Pending Three Dimensional Positioning (3-DP) woofer. This design allows the user to separately adjust the angle, tilt and rotation of the woofer so you can direct the sound where you want it, not where you install it.
The Positive Position Lock system (PPL) uses two screws on either side of the woofer that pull the back plane tight and locks the position in place.
The Infinite Baffle design makes it the ideal choice for typical applications in open beam attic or enclosed ceilings.
Driver Material: Injection Molded Carbon Fiber
• This material is injection molded in a plastic injection molding machining. The material itself contains cross-linked fibers of carbon fiber.
• This material is very stiff with low mass. It is a neutral sounding material that has great midrange response and bass response.
• This is a difficult material to work with. The cross-linked carbon fiber if not processed correctly can produce a driver cone that is not of even density. This results in distorted midrange. Very few manufacturers use this material because of the processing challenges during the molding process. We have several years experience in perfecting the processing and it results in a superior cone material at a cost just above an entry level product with enhanced performance.
Tweeter Material: Aluminum Dome Tweeter
• This tweeter dome material is not your normal aluminum dome. It is a specially produced aluminum alloy with a hard coat anodized coating.
• This dome allows for minimum distortion of the upper dome in the higher frequency ranges.
• The majority of the energy of the tweeter dome comes from the largest diameter of the dome’s sphere. The majority of the acoustical energy does not come from the center of the dome as most people think. In fact, the center of the dome’s sphere usually breaks up and causes distortion.
- Driver 8” Injection Molded Carbon Fiber Cone w/Butyl
- Rubber Surround
- Driver Pivoting Angle 25° per side
- Tweeter Patent Pending Pivoting, Defraction-less 1” (25mm)
- Silk Ferrofluid Cooled Dome
- Tweeter Pivoting Angle 18° per side
- Crossover 3 position EQ switches for Driver and Tweete adjustments, gold press terminals
- Grill specification Perforated Aluminum with Scrim Cloth
- Frequency Response 38Hz – 20kHz
- Impedance (nominal) 8, 6 or 4 Ohms dependant on driver EQ Setting
- Power Handling 5 – 150 Watts
- SPL 90 dB 1W/1m
- Diameter x Depth 11 1/2” (292mm) x 7 1/8” (182mm)
- Retrofit Cutout Diameter 10.437” (265mm)
- Grille Diameter 11 13/16” (300mm)
- Standard Pack
- Dimensions (weight)
14 5/8 x 10 1/8 x 14 3/4 (10 lbs)
1" Tweeter, 8" Woofer
4Ω, 6Ω, 8Ω