Bosch F.01U.269.004 PLM8M8 PLENA Matrix 8 Channel DSP Matrix Mixer
BOSCH COMMUNICATIONS F.01U.269.004
The PLM‑8M8 PLENA matrix 8 Channel DSP Matrix Mixer is designed for maximum flexibility and reliable. It is the heart and soul of the PLENA matrix system. When combined with PLM‑8CS call stations, PLM‑WCP wall control panels and the PLM‑4Px2x amplifiers; it is suitable for almost any application that requires up to 8 zones of high fidelity speech and background music (BGM).
The audio quality is suitable for live music, background music, high demand speech environments and zone announcement applications.
Some typical application include: Shopping centres, schools, restaurants, bars, nightclubs, cafes, gyms, recreational facilities, churches, warehouses, office buildings, regional airports, train stations, bus terminals, boardrooms, meeting rooms, conference facilities, small theme parks, museums, back of house performing arts centres and sports stadia.
Controls and indicators
The indicators on the front panel are; Phantom power active, signal/clip, call station audio bus, output signal present, RS485 and Ethernet. There are no controls on the front or the rear panels of the unit. This is to reduce the assistance from good intentioned end users who wish to assist in “improving” the sound levels.
The mains power switch is located on the rear of the unit.
Graphic User Interface (GUI)
The GUI for both PC Windows and iOS app, has a user screen; giving the end user the ability to select their own background music source and mix any microphone/line input without affecting other zones in the system. The Windows GUI also provides and intuitive installation package, packed with powerful DSP features that will make any install easier. Both the iOS app and PC GUI are able to be customized for different levels of user access.
The DSP features are accessed via either the PC GUI software or the iPad application.
- Input gain: ‑16dB pad, +48V phantom power, 100Hz HPF.
- Input Dynamic Range Compressor: Threshold, ratio, attack, release and gain.
- Input parametric EQ: Bands are each selectable as either: bell, shelf, or notch filters.
- Cross over provides: HPF and LPF up to the 8th order.
- Output parametric EQ: Each of the 7 bands are selectable as either: Bell, Shelf, Notch, or as an All pass filter.
- Output delay, with 120ms per output.
- Output Dynamic Range Compressor: Threshold, ratio, attack, release, and gain per channel.
- Output level giving the ability to limit the maximum output level to the zone.
- Zone mute and global system mute.
- Zone mixer: Allows each zone to select music sources inputs and mix 4 mic./line inputs individually, per zone. This zone mixer is available as an iPad or iPhone app.
- Administrator password protection of the advanced functions on the PC GUI. This will protect the installation set up from “enthusiastic” end users.
- Output assignment: Allows an output to mimic the inputs from another zone, particularity useful when room combining or when using and active 2‑way speaker system or a sub woofer.
- Drag and drop settings on one processing block into another zone, making it simple to duplicate EQ, compression, delay etc.
- The PC GUI software and files are streamlined so that they can be easily emailed, if required.
- Priorities and Overrides: There are 4 priorities that can be assigned to any of the call stations. In addition there is an emergency input that is activated by a contact closure which will have the overall priority of the system.
- Presets: Store and recall 5 presets (or snapshots) DSP configurations. The user can quickly and easily recall these settings without the need of administrator access. Very useful for multipurpose venues.
Connections and Amp Link
- Mic./line via 4x XLR/TRS combo 3‑pin (balanced), BGM (music source) via 3x Cinch RCA style connectors.
- All 8 zone outputs are via Phoenix Euro screw terminal block (balanced) these same outputs are duplicated in Amp link Zones 1‑4 and 5‑8 via two RJ45 connectors.
- Amp Link allows the simple and quick connection of 4 audio channels from a PLM‑8M8 PLENA matrix 8 channel Matrix Mixer to a PLM-4Px2x amplifier via one STP CAT 5 cable. This feature makes the look of the rack neater and cuts installation time and labour cost.
- Ethernet data and connection to a PC is via RJ45 Ethernet port.
- iPad connection requires the addition of an off the shelf wireless router, connected to the Ethernet port.
- The mains power is via 1x ST3 IEC connector.
- Call stations and wall control panels are connected via RJ45 and use the RS485 control protocol.
- The logic override is via 1x Phoenix terminal block connector.
- Nominal input voltage: 100 - 240 VAC ±10%, 50/60 Hz
- Input voltage limits: 90 - 264 VAC
- No devices connected: <10 W
- Max. load/max. devices connected: 54 W
Frequency response (-1dB): 20 Hz to 20 kHz (+0/‑3 dB)
Mic./line input: 4x
Input Clip level:
- Pad off 8.4 dBu (6.2 dBV)
- Pad on 24.2 dBu (21.9 dBV)
CMRR (1 kHz, 0 dBFS)): >46 dB
Phantom power supply: 48 V
THD: <0.01 %
Dynamic range (A‑weighted): >103 dB
Connectors: 4x XLR/TRS combo
BGM inputs: 3x
Input clip (Pad on): 10.2 dBu (8 dBV)
THD: <0.004 %
Dynamic range (A‑weighted): >103 dB
Connectors: 3x pair of Cinch RCA
Output level: 17.7 dBu (15.5 dBV)
Connector: 2‑pole Phoenix terminal (metric)
CST and WCP (RS485)
Call station connector: 1x RJ45
Wall control panel connector: 1x RJ45
Nominal level: 1 V
Impedance: <100 ohm
Ethernet (10/100 Mbit/s) 1x
Dimensions (H x W x D): 45 x 440 x 358 mm 1.8 x 17.3 x 14.1 in (19" wide, 1RU high)
Mounting: Stand-alone, 19" rack
Color: Trafic black (RAL 9017) Silver (RAL 9006)
Weight: Approx. 6 kg Approx. 13.23 lb
Operating temperature: -10 ºC to +45 ºC
Storage temperature: -40 ºC to +70 ºC
Relative humidity: <95%